Copyright © We are moving
Design by Dzignine
Tuesday 15 April 2014

XER Schedule Toolkit

We are in a big time mess as out-of-sudden the big guy want to see the schedule in excel sheet rather than Primavera. Up to now I have no idea why but all I know I need to get it done by end of the day. This is when I came across XER Schedule Toolkit that helped me in great deal. So what is XER Schedule Toolkit anyway.The XER Toolkit is a multi-functional MS Excel Add-in that can read, display, analyse and output Primavera scheduling data within the familiar Excel environment.

The XER Schedule Toolkit is a powerful application devised by Project Control professionals that allows you to connect to your Oracle Primavera P6 database or open Primavera files within Microsoft Excel. The toolkit provides advanced display and analysis tools of Primavera schedules, which operate entirely within Excel. All features are designed to promote schedule visibility, awareness and ultimately help drive and improve the quality of project schedules.
Below are some of the snapshot of what it can help.

1. I can just convert the whole schedule into excel in a click. The best part is that the whole Gantt Chart is well plotted for you.


2. This is another stuff that I like about this software, the Heat Map. As the name goes, it provide visual cues on how healthy is the developed schedule.



3. As PMI recommendations, for an activity to be manageable the duration of an activity is highly recommended not to exceed 5 days. Here I'm able to sort the activity by longest duration. No doubt I can do this with Primavera P6 but this software just provide another idea for presenting.



4. Here comes the total dashboard report on how well our developed schedule. A picture worth a thousand word isn't it. Well my boss definitely gonna like this idea.




5. Here you can filter out the longest lead for an activity.


There are more about this software that I wanted to share but there are just too much good things about it.

For more detail you can check out the website.
http://www.xertoolkit.co.uk/

http://www.xertoolkit.co.uk/datasheet/

0 comments:

Post a Comment